Seven metatrends in emerging technologies likely to have a large impact on teaching, learning, or creative expression within learning-focused organizations include:
- the evolving approaches to communication between humans and machines
- the collective sharing and generation of knowledge
- computing in three dimensions
- connecting people via the network;
- games as pedagogical platforms
- the shifting of content production to users;
- and the evolution of a ubiquitous platform.
Educause, 2008. 2008 Horizon Report. Available at: http://www.educause.edu/node/162471?time=1238685860 [Accessed April 2, 2009].